Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, February 10, 2014

My inner MUA

As a very girly girl I do like playing with makeup. I have a ton of makeup from which I probably use only 10 %. I try my way to new favourite items as I go along trying new stuff, and the best ones get permanent residence in my make up bag. I like trying new and different cosmetics, but prefer a natural look. For parties I like to experiment more and use darker colours.

When I let my inner MUA (makeup artist, very professional :P) loose these are the items I use for my everyday makeup.

The Base

A good base is the key for a natural look. I needed a foundation base, so I wanted to try Clinique Superprimer colour corrects redness, as I have a tendency for redness on my skin. I have found the product very good, as it gives a smooth base for the foundation.

I have been using the Lancome Teint Miracle and it has so far been my favourite foundation. It is very lasting and gives good cover even tho it is light in texture. Currently I am using the Clinique CC cream, as I wanted to try something even lighter on my face. I think it is Ok, and I will finnish it, but most likely go back to my best friend Lancome :)


An for the highlights. Somebody might think I use a lot of makeup once they see my makeup bag. But these MAC babies function only as a few-sweep highlighters. I use the Blot Powder on the upper left after I have applied my foundation. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (medium deep) is the best bronzer. And the Mineralize Skinfinifh Lightscapade highlighter is best for giving a healthy glow. I sweep just a little bit of it on my cheekbones and brow bones, an just a tad on my upper lip :) I think i have had it for the last year, and it's still not finished! 


I think blush is a very important. I don't understand women who don't use blush when they wear their makeup, because it gives the face a young and healthy look. I currently use Clarins Blush Prodige 02 Soft Peach. 

During the days I don't really use any eyeshadows, but if I do I use one of the natural shades from the Urban Decay NAKED palette.  In the weekend I might go crazy and use some of the darker shades :D I really do like the darker colours on the palette, because they are very earthy and natural.

I might wear a little bit of my matte MAC lipstick in shade Myth. But it depends on my mood. I guess I make most of my decision based on my mood at the moment :D …good or not?

This picture is taken in the evening after my work and gym, still looking natural (and fresh?) :)


Here with a little bit darker eye makeup.


That's all for today's portion of girlyness.



No comments:

Post a Comment